This round-up of the best air tent reviews 2021 is in no particular order. Every inflatable tent on this list earned its place because it hit—and often exceeded—the criteria every camper needs. When you’re ready to invest in your first—or fifteenth—air tent, these are the 10 that experienced campers agree are really just that good.
If one of the tents on our list has already caught your eye, jump straight to its review from the table of contents.
Or, if you'd rather take in a quick comparison of all the tents we've picked, look at the table below. We've gone for a range of sizes and brands, from the ever-popular Berghaus Air 4 review, to the lesser known Robens Aero Yurt.
Otherwise, scroll on down the page and have a closer look at what we thought of each one. Enjoy!
Top 10 Air Tents 2021 Round up
Tent Comparison Table
|Tent Name||Price||Best for||Sleeps||Product Link|
|OVER-ALL BEST! Berghaus Air 6XL||$$$||Large families||6||Check Price!|
|Outwell Lindale 5PA Prime Air||$$||Bad weather||5||Check Price!|
|Coleman FastPitch Air Valdes 4||$$||Summer camping||4||Check Price!|
|Vango AirBeam Portland 500||$||Short trips||5||Check Price!|
|Berghaus Air 4||$$||Beginners||4||Check Price!|
|Robens Aero Yurt||$$$||Large groups||8||Check Price!|
|Vango Airbeam Odyssey Air 500 Villa||$$||All seasons||5||Check Price!|
|Vango AirBeam Maritsa 600XL||$$||Sleeping space||6||Check Price!|
|Berghaus Air 8||$$$||Longer trips||8||Check Price!|
|Outwell Reddick||$$||Small families||4||Check Price!|
This luxury offering from the Berghaus inflatable tent line is extremely versatile. It takes advantage of the Berghaus proprietary technologies that offer excellent waterproofing, ventilation, high-speed tent setup, and exceptional fire retardation. With flexible divider curtains, it also offers versatile bedroom setups: 1 x 6-person room, 2 x 3-person rooms, or 3 x 2-person rooms.
Don't miss our dedicated review of the Air 6 and 6XL
- 2 x side doors and 1 x front door for easy access
- Very large families or multiple-family groups that like to be close
- Small hiking groups who don’t mind bunking in together when they camp
- As a long-term holiday home setup
First up on our list of the best inflatable tents of 2020 is the Outwell Lindale 5PA Prime Air Inflatable Tunnel tent. Designed to sleep 5 across 2 bedrooms, the Lindale is a solid example of a family tent. It offers the comfort and space needed for family camping or large groups, but is versatile enough for a couple of enthusiasts to head out—with storage space to spare.
- Large families heading into the great outdoors.
- Camping holidays.
- Any adventure where you need plenty of space to manuevre inside.
- Cold, damp, stormy weather conditions.
Coleman have always been a trusted name in the outdoors game, and their inflatable tent line is no exception. The Coleman FastPitch Air Valdes 4 person family tent also takes advantage of Coleman’s Blackout technology, blocking out up to 99% of the outside light. Seriously, it’s impressive—and a must for restless sleepers, or campers who somehow manage to set up tent under the only spotlight within a 5 mile radius.
- Light sleepers who need near pitch-black surroundings to catch some shut eye
- Summer camping. Although the FastPitch Air Valdes is 100% waterproof and stands up extremely well to wind and rain, the cool bedrooms and SPF50 UVGuard make it a great summer camping companion.
- Excellent for 2 couples on a great escape together, thanks to the spacious bedroom areas.
Read more about the Coleman FastPitch AirValdes 4
The AirBeam inflatable tent line is always a bestseller, and the Portland 500 model lives up to the hype. With the Vango brand’s patented Airbeam inflation system, Sentinel Active fabric, and Diamond-clear windows, some of the most seasoned campers we know put their reputation on the line for the Vango Airbeam Portland. This model sleeps 5 (or 4, comfortably).
- Weekends away in mostly fine weather
- Small families or couples who need extra storage space
- Experienced campers who are familiar with the Vango AirBeam system
Also check our review of another cool air tent from Vango, the Capri 500 XL.
The Berghaus Air 4 sleeps 4 people comfortably, and it’s recognized for excellent ventilation and a high-speed pitch time. Inspired by the Berghaus Mera Peak jacket, the brand has made great use of patented technologies to make their air tent line durable, stable, and easy to use. Certainly a market leader for the 4 person tent.
- Solo campers and couples
- First-time campers
- Summer camping, thanks to the excellent ventilation system
Read our full Berghaus Air 4 Review page for a more detailed look at the tent and its features.
The Robens Aero Yurt 8 person tent is a whopper. This octagonal tent uses 8 premium-quality, ultra-durable air beams for structure, and usually sits at the top of best large inflatable tent lists. For good reason, too. It has many applications—meeting space for large group camping expeditions, kids’ tent for multiple-family adventures, or just as a home base for groups who don’t mind bunking in together in one large living space.
- Medium- to long-term glamping for couples
- As a permanent holiday home or getaway
- Large families and groups
- Putting all the kids in together on a multi-family camping trip
Our second offering from Vango AirBeam to make our top 10 air tents of 2020, the Odyssey Air 500 Villa offers something the Portland missed completely: a covered entrance. You won’t realize how valuable this feature is until you’re facing torrential rain and you’ve got to make 6 separate trips out to the car before you're warm and dry in the living area.
- All-seasons camping
- Anyone camping with a view: the diamond clear windows really do deliver if you still want to enjoy the view and it’s raining out
With a 12 minute pitch time, the AirBeam Maritsa 600XL sleeps 6. Often described as one of the best inflatable tents, it offers all the features we expect of the brand, and a few added extras that deserve special mention.
- Big families
- Friends who want to get away together, but still enjoy their own living space
- Anyone who likes a lot of leg-room—the king size bedrooms really do make a difference to those who like camping in comfort
The last offering on our list from this outdoors industry giant is for those who like the features of the Air 4—which we listed earlier—but with double the space, to cater to the big families and hiking groups.
- First time campers
- Large groups and families
- Anyone who plans on setting up a long term camp in their air tent—the storage space in the Air 8 is exceptional.
- Summer camping, thanks to the excellent ventilation system
Rounding out our top 10 is a perennial performer: the Outwell Reddick. Next to the Coleman Blackout technology, Outwell have arguably the best light blocking functionality. Darkened Premier Bedrooms block out nearly 100% of the natural light from outside, making this a solid choice for light sleepers.
- Couples and small families
- Camping when the weather might turn bad
- Camping in limited spaces
These are the 10 best air tents as recommended by our community of camping enthusiasts and our team. We’re pretty confident that the inflatable tents our people swear by are bound to be a great investment for every intrepid explorer.
If you need a reminder of all the features and benefits of inflatable tents, head over to our inflatable tent guide.
Our final tip? Choose the option that makes it easy for you to enjoy your camping adventure. Whether that means comfort, blackout bedrooms, a great deck area, picture windows, or not having to hump 70 lbs of tent up a mountainside. Because at the end of the day, that’s all we really want—campers having fun in the great outdoors.